Logo

drjeff1

My cat Duncan is sick as a dog . . .

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a 2 year hold half himalayan cat who is normally very active and a crazy guy. He normally greets me in the morning with a stretch and a “Please rub my belly” cry. This morning I got up and no Duncan. He didn’t greet me as normal. That in itself was strange. I went looking and found him on the spare room bed. He was lethargic and seemed to be very “sore” as when I tried to pick him up he cried like it hurt. I thought I’d watch him for the day and as the day wore on I saw only small improvements. He came out for a walk with me and he got a bit playful . . . . some of his normal antics, but after coming back in the house he got slow and lethargic and “sore” again.

I started worrying about cystitis, though he’s never had any problems before. I watched his litter box and he didn’t go all day (though he could have went when he was outside. Finally I bodily carried him down to his litter box and put him in it and he finally pee’d. I scooped the clumped ball and inspected it and no blood. He also seemed to go fine. A good strong stream with no apparent pain. So I don’t think it’s cystitis. I’ve done searches on the web and can’t find anything that explains this major bahaviour change and the fact that he seems to be in pain. I hesitate to take him to vet to quickly because he has one big problem, he goes into major anxiety mode when he goes to the vet. Panting, drooling and all togeather a very stessful situation for him. Has anyone see these symptoms before and have any ideas. Thanks in advance for your help!

Lynnne

Anonymous

I noticed a few people read my post so I thought I’d update you on what’s going on.

Ends up I’m pretty sure that Duncan wasn’t “Sick” but rather he was “Hurt”. A day or so after posting my problem, he was getting a bit better but slowly. I picked him up and he was a little less sore so I gave him a good going over to see if I felt anything. I noticed that his ribs were swollen on his right side.

I think that he was kicked or something by someone outside . . . or perhaps in a fight with another cat he got hurt.

Suffice to say he is now 100% back to his old self. What a releif! Thanks for your interest in my sad story.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!