Logo

drjeff1

my cat drags his back legs good eater but dosent gain weight, Help

Welcome to your reliable resource for online holistic veterinary help Forums Pet Owners Forum Medical Problems my cat drags his back legs good eater but dosent gain weight, Help

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

my cat is 7 yrs old, a couple of years ago he started dragging his back legs. He is not in any pain that we know of. he plays he eats well, he seems to pee way too much, he has a little trouble when he poops, allways hard stools. I took him to the vet and she shaved his fur, eaiser to keep himself clean. Has a purplish bald spot on his belly, he is allways licking at it. He is an indoor cat. don’t know what has happened to him, please help if can.

Anonymous

Hallie,

I’m so sorry to hear about your cat. I’m answering this because I know of a cat with a similar problem. The cat was peeing alot for a couple of years and now cannot move her hind legs very well, she walk on her hocks (or heels) and her legs slip out from underneath her. So she has to kind of drag herself around. The cat has untreated diabetes which caused diabetic neuropathy. Here is a link to a site with more information on this:[url]http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Neuropathy#Symptoms[/url]. If dIf it is with treatment it can be helped.

Did the vet check for this?

I hope that you find out what it is and can help him.

Anonymous

thank you so much for this info. I have not been able to get any answers until now, once again thanks so much.

Anonymous

Where can I purchase Methylcobalamin (a form of vitamin B12)?

Anonymous

I did find a link to this site for that B12 vitamin: [url]http://www.laurieulrich.com/jasper/[/url]

The site has other links which will probably go to where you could buy some.

I would get his blood tested at the vets to make sure thats what he has before any treatment as I am not a vet.

Good Luck!

Anonymous

cat is not a diabetic, now he seems to get bad back leg cramps. Any ideas please i am desperate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!