Logo

drjeff1

My cat diagnosed with HCM – what to do??

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a British Shorthair cat who is 2 years old. He has been a happy and healthy cat until 2 days ago when I noticed he looked lethargic, his breathing was a bit labored and he didn’t touch his food or use the litter box. I took him to the local vet straight away. Long story short, we ended up at the Animal Medical Center in NYC. My cat has been hospitalized there for 2 days, and diagnosed with feline hypertrophy cardiomyopathy (HCM). From what I’ve read, the prognosis is rather grave. This came as a complete shock to me! In the meantime, the breeder where I got my cat from insists that it’s impossible my cat has HCM. Instead, they said it’s the food I’ve been feeding him that’s causing these health issues, and told me to give my cat herbal supplements and not use any medications the hospital vet prescribed. I would very much like to believe it’s not HCM, but on the other hand the ECHO-gram analysis indicates otherwise. I want to do the right thing for my cat and what’s best for him, and I don’t know what to do.. Do I give him the medications from the hospital vet, or follow the breeder’s advice?? Or if I give him both the medications and the herbal supplements, is it going to make the situation worse?? Help, please!!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!