Logo

drjeff1

My Adult Dog Urinates on the Rugs. What Can I Use To Deter Her?

Welcome to your reliable resource for online holistic veterinary help Forums Pet Owners Forum New Pets and Training My Adult Dog Urinates on the Rugs. What Can I Use To Deter Her?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Question: Dog urinates on rug, especially when it is raining. How do I remedy this habit. Is there anything I can apply to rugs, so as to deter the dog?

Sex: Female Neutered

username: [email protected]

Pet: Canine

Breed: lhaso apso

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Sounds like your dog doesn’t like to go out in the rain (who does?). If this happens even when it’s not raining, you may want to consider re-housebreaking your dog. This involves not allowing free access to the house when you’re not around, and taking her outside frequently. I use a product called “Zero Odor” https://www.homevet.com/supplements-i-use?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=11&product_id=165 for cleaning up pet accidents, The best way to deter her is to keep her restricted, and off the rugs when you’re not around to take her out. You might also want to read my house training handout.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘New Pets and Training’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!