Logo

drjeff1

Mold, Dust Mites, and an itchy GSD

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi Everyone,

While I have been lurking for a while, I am new to the forum. Please forgive me if I am repeating something that has already been addressed and I didn’t find.

Thor is my 2 1/2 year old German Shepherd furbaby that we brought home at 9 weeks of age. He began itching, scratching, and chewing at about 6 months and we have been battling it year-round every since. At 14 months, we switched to a raw diet and he is happy and healthy – except for the itching. Now, I have read that this is typically an underlying problem (that the homeopath we were going to has yet to determine) so, let me give you the latest information and hopefully you all can point me in a better direction.

We had allergy blood testing done a few weeks ago. On this particular test (they may differ – I don’t know) anything over 150 is allergic. He was allergic to four things – two of which were wheat @ 475 and Brewers Yeast @ 368. Now I can say I am fairly positive that these are not the problems because he does not get these things in his diet. However, he scored 3000 and 2500 on two different molds and 1000 of three different dust mites. So, with this new information, we now begin the task of attempting to lower the humidity below 50% in our house (not easy without a/c), tearing up the carpet in the bedroom and putting down hardwood, etc….

So, my question is, are there any homeopathic remedies, or herbal supplements, that can be used for these allergies? Or do you think, even though these numbers are extremely high, making him extremely sensitive to these contaminants, we may still be looking at an underlying issue instead of just allergies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeannie & Thor

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Fleas, Ticks and other Parasites’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!