Logo

drjeff1

Lyme Disease

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 2 yr old German Shepherd went in for his annual physical yesterday and his vet left me a voice mail last night telling me they detected Lyme Antibodies in his blood work. My dog hasn’t shown any symptoms of the disease. Should I still recommend he be put on antibiotics anyway?

What can I do holisticaly to help him? 😥

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=RysMom]My 2 yr old German Shepherd went in for his annual physical yesterday and his vet left me a voice mail last night telling me they detected Lyme Antibodies in his blood work. My dog hasn’t shown any symptoms of the disease. Should I still recommend he be put on antibiotics anyway?

What can I do holisticaly to help him? :cry:[/quote]

What are you currently doing?

The presence of Lyme antibodies is often a good sign that the body is responding appropriately to Lyme EXPOSURE. Kind of like getting vaccine titers to check whether the immune system still has antibodies circulating against Distemper or Parvo. A positive titer doesn’t mean that your dog has the disease.

Work on promoting a strong immune system with fresh diet, avoidance of vaccines and drugs and homeopathic vet care.

I will be happy to comment further if you have specific questions.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

What kind of things do you recommend to keep his immune system healthy? Any kind of supplements? I’m definately going to get that dvd you mentioned in reply to the food post.

I’m so glad having antibodies doesn’t neccesarily mean he has the disease I’ve been crying for the last 12 hours thinking the worst of things. Are there any tests I should have done on him? I’m working with a regular Vet not a homeopath or a holistic vet.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=RysMom]What kind of things do you recommend to keep his immune system healthy? Any kind of supplements? I’m definately going to get that dvd you mentioned in reply to the food post.
    Are there any tests I should have done on him? I’m working with a regular Vet not a homeopath or a holistic vet.[/quote]

Well, it’s really the whole gestalt of health care (throughout Ryker’s life). Great (species-appropriate) diet alone will help optimize his immune system. Other immune balancing supplements include mixed antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins C, E, and A, etc., etc.

BY FAR the best way to help his immune system work better is to start treating him homeopathically. A vet homeopath can work on a consulting basis to augment the care you are getting with your local vet. Dr. Don Hamilton’s book is a must read in addition to the articles in my information center if you want to learn more about homepathy.

Dr. Jeff

BTW-If you have trouble getting the DVD just drop me a note and my office can send you a copy (I think they’re around $25).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!