Logo

drjeff1

LIPOMAS (FATTY TUMORS)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tony Scott
    Keymaster

MY 12 YEAR OLD GOLDEN RETRIEVER HAS MANY HUGE LIPOMAS. SHE HAS HAD BIOPSYS DONE SO WE KNOW THEY ARE NOT MALIGNANT. SHE IS NOW HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF DIFFICULTY WALKING BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION AND SIZE OF SOME OF THE LIPOMAS. MY VET STATES THAT DOING SURGERY AT HER AGE IS TOO RISKY. SHE HAS NO OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS. IS THERE ANY OTHER TREATMENT TO TRY FOR THIS CONDITION?

Anonymous

My dog was 13 when she had hers removed and she went through surgery fine. Today she is 15 and a half years young. If your dog is otherwise healthy, the risk of surgery may not be as high as you think. You should consult with a vet surgeon to assess the benefit versus risks. Being able to walk and run means everything to a dog (that and of course cookies and cheese), quality of life is very important (as well as quantity). Teresa.

Anonymous

hi there, my 10 yr old lab has them as well. all over her. she has them in front of her front legs, behind her front legs, on her chest etc. one on her chest i think is nesr her throat adn she is starting to cough.

i think this one may bother her. we have been talking to our vet about these and they advise that when it becomes a problem for her to walk etc, time to remove them.

so maybe talking with another vet on this would be the solution for you. to see what they say as suggested, pro’s and con’s of the surgery.

karen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!