Logo

drjeff1

Leptospirosis

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

The only vaccines I plan to get for my companion ((Kira)) is Rabies and parvo, but I was reading up on lepto, and it seems to be a bigger risk than parvo to me.

I was going to call the vet and see if Kira had already gotten Parvo, and if she has, not get it again (I heard it’s supposed to be a long-lived vaccine). I live in CT, and Kira loves to lay in muddy water and lakes when we go hiking. And even though I discourage her from drinking lake, pond, puddle, slow-stream water, it’s hard to prevent.

Are the risks worth getting the vaccine, what are the side effects, how long is the immunity, what guarantee is their of immunity?

Thanks, Amanda.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=evaluv]
    Are the risks worth getting the vaccine, [/quote]

Not in my opinion. The best defense against any infectious disease is a strong immune system. All vaccines are shown to harm the immune system and can induce immune-mediated diseases. The only cases of Lepto which I have seen (also in CT) are referred to me even though (because?) they had been vaccinated.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Vaccination Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!