Logo

drjeff1

Large lump on kitty’s back

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I am very concerned about my 17 1/2 year old cat, Banna. Back in April or May I discovered a hard mass just below her shoulder blades, directly above her spine. I would have to say it has grown some since then. It is approx. 1 1/2″ wide now. It is not in perfect roundness. My vet was not sure what it is (without aspirating it) and tends to assume it is cancer. She says it seems to be attached to tissue but I can get it to move slightly. Banna is not a good candidate for surgery or chemotherapy due to CRF. She seems very healthy since I switched her over to mainly a raw food diet and give her “Astros CRF Oil” and homeopathics geared for CRf. But I can’t help think that if it is cancerous that I could be doing something more for her. The place I get my homeopathics from does have formulas for cancer but it is type specific. I am wondering if aspirating it would cause any ill effects such as if it is cancer will it get “angry”? What else could it be? Could it be a harmless cist or benign tumor? Could it be that type of cancer that spreads quickly, the kind that animals have to have amputations to get rid of it? Please help me figure this one out. Thank You!!!

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=cat lover] I am wondering if aspirating it would cause any ill effects such as if it is cancer will it get “angry”? ![/quote]

Excellent point. Aspirating can activate a tumor and I don’t recommend it (especially since it won’t change what you do). This site is typical for VAS (vaccine-associated sarcomas) and if that is indeed what this is, you definitely don’t want to mess around with it.

Keep up the excellent diet, and appropriate holistic supplements (please don’t give homeopathic remedies on your own). You might also find these general cancer supplements useful: [url]https://www.homevet.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=97[/url] and [url]https://www.homevet.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=43[/url]

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!