Logo

drjeff1

Kitty Alopecia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have a female cat who is approximately four years old (I don’t know her age because she was a stray when she came to live with me).

She is losing fur in patches on her lower back, on the base of her tail and on her hind legs near her anus. Her skin is not inflamed or infected, and there is stubbly, brittle hair in these places.

She’s an anxious kitty, and I suspect she is overgrooming due to stress (we recently moved). She eats an organic raw food diet, and she hasn’t shown any evidence of allergies up until this point, although I suppose she can develop them later in life (?). She stays indoors, and I’ve had her for over a year, so I doubt that she has mites.

I plan to take her to the local vet who is not a homeopath, and I suspect that she will be prescribed anti-anxiety and/or anti-depressant meds. Are these harmful to cats if used for a short period of time? Are there holistic remedies to help calm and soothe her?

Many thanks!
    Beth

Anonymous

I found an earlier post about cats with separation anxiety, and Dr. Jeff recommended Rescue Remedy. I’m going to give it a try, and I’ll let you know how Lilly is faring.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.
You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!