Logo

drjeff1

kitten with abnormal stool

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tony Scott
    Keymaster

i got a kitten from a pet store down the street about 2 months ago.when i brought her home,she would poop on people,and constantly have it literally dripping out of her butt.most of the time,it seems as though she is completely unaware of this (she goes in the litter box sometimes).she started to gain weight when we first brought her home,but now she looks like a overgrown rat.she eats alot,she purrs alot too but she wont play with the other kittens anymore. i live in a small town in ohio where there are very limited resources. i dont have a job at the moment,but i know she needs to be checked out.what could possibly be worng with her?is it contagious?could there be any home-remedies?

Tony Scott
    Keymaster

We once had a kitten many years ago that had what you are describing and he had a bacterial infection (the name escapes me right now) but an antibiotic cured him. This may be also why it is not gaining weight. It could also be worms so a trip to the vet is going to resolve any issues that are going on. Call ahead..maybe they have a payment plan.

Tony Scott
    Keymaster

thanks,i really appreciate your feedback.for some reason,an infection never occured to me.thanks

Anonymous

I had a problem like that but mine was with bloody diahria. I had to change the food. I even took my little girl to the vet and they couldn’t firgure it out.. So try to change the food. Also have you dewormed the poor little thing?

Anonymous

I had a problem like that but mine was with bloody diahria. I had to change the food. I even took my little girl to the vet and they couldn’t firgure it out.. So try to change the food. Also have you dewormed the poor little thing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!