Logo

drjeff1

Is my cat’s dry skin and vomiting related to her diet?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Question: This is the second winter to have this occur. Ralph (female) is starting to lose her hair in an approximate one inch section on her back close to her tail. It happened last winter also. In the spring it grew back. Because of the location, she cannot lick at the spot.

Also, we have her of the dry cat food for “mature” cats but she still vomits approx, 3-5 times a week.

Help!

Other than these two items, she is in very good health. She is an inside cat and very spoiled. O

Sex: Female Neutered

username: [email protected]

Pet: Feline

Breed: ?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Usually this winter hair loss is a result of environmental dryness. I would be topically moisturizing her skin daily with fatty acids using a spray such as Hy-Lyt moisturizing spray. I would also advise starting her on some systemic skin supplements such as Vitamins A, E, Zn, Biotin and fatty acids. These are all present in the product EFA-Z+ which you add to the food. In addition, because of her age, I would also advise having your vet do a geriatric screen to rule out any other systemic diseases such as hyperthyroidism which could be causing the vomiting. As far as diet is concerned, many cats can tolerate wet food, but not dry. Have you tried stopping the dry food?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!