Logo

drjeff1

Input from others using Homepathy

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Good Morning Everyone…
    Im new to the board and have pretty much made up my mind to have my dog treated with Homopath; but having not done this…wondering if others would share their experiences…I am owned by 3 yorkies; 1 who is 2 yrs of age and we have been dealing with allergies/itching for over a 1 yr which is year round..testing indicates allergies to dust;pollen;grass; mold;ragweed…he is on a raw diet no grains; done the routine food elimation; seen dermatologist; used Atopica with NO results; did allergy serum injections for about 4 months but had reactions; of course Pred works but refuse any more…he gets salmon oil; vit e; vit c; …we have seen a holistic vet which prescribed External Wind; it did take away the redness on his skin that is it tho; the past 2 days I have started giving him quercetin…so I feel I have tried but nothing has helped this poor little guy..not sure I totally understand the difference of holistic vs homopathic other than holistic treats the whole body… 😕
    Thanks for any input

Cindy

Anonymous

Dear Cindy:

I have been treating my 2 dogs, Eykis (Rhodesian Ridgeback, 9 1/2) and Casey (Golden Retriever, 8 1/2) homeopathically with Dr. Feinman for the last 5 years. It was, without a doubt, the best decision I have ever made concerning the health of my puppies. 🙂 😛

My poor 2 guys suffered from many afflictions, but allergies was one of the worst because as you shared in your message, they manifest in so many ways. I am happy to say that today both Casey and Eykis are allergy free. 😛

It has not been an easy road, but one well worth it. Homeopathy becomes a lifestyle but from your message I can see you are a perfect candidate to take on this commitment. Just make sure that whoever you choose as your Doctor works with you totally. I feel fully involved in the healing process of my puppies… a healing partnership which has led to personal learning and growth.

[u]The challanges for me have been:[/u] learning patience; learning what’s really important; learning that the healing process is one that goes from bad to worse before it gets better; learning to redefine bad and good; learning about acceptance and awareness.

[u]The rewards[/u]: seeing my 2 babies go from suffering to healthy adult dogs; participating on their healing process; learning about subtle energy work; working with a doctor who totally respects my opinion; learning about myself.

As for the difference between holistic and homeopathic… here is my understanding with some help from the AHVMA:

Homeopathy is a holistic healing modality. The American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association defines Holistic as follows:

[i]Holistic medicine, by its very nature, is humane to the core. The wholeness of its scope will set up a lifestyle for the animal that is most appropriate. The techniques used in holistic medicine are gentle, minimally invasive, and incorporate patient well-being and stress reduction. Holistic thinking is centered on love, empathy and respect.

This mixture of healing arts and skills is as natural as life itself. At the core of this issue lies the very essence of the word “(w)holistic”. It means taking in the whole picture of the patient—the environment, the disease pattern, the relationship of pet with owner—and developing a treatment protocol using a wide range of therapies for healing the patient. [/i]

This is perhaps one of the best descriptions of my experience with homeopathy. I think some vets who call themselves Holistic Vets practice different holistic modalities such as acupuncture, homeopathy, chinese herbs, etc. Personally, I am glad that I work with a Homeopath because I feel that in specialization there is higher level of experience and knowledge gained… just my opinion, of course. 8)

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lizette

Anonymous

Thank you so very much! I was begining to think no one on the board could give me their imput and was begining to hesitate on my decision…

I have corresponded with Dr. Jeff via email with a few qxs and he was kind enough to reply 😉 … patience will be an issue because I guess we all want results right away…this I have already learned by trying some of the things listed in my post…

Your experience has been very helpful ; and I sure hope your babies continue on a healthy road

I also sent you a PM

Cindy

Anonymous

Hi Cindy and Lizette,

I loved what you both said. I’m not as erudite as Lizette, but I am a real believer in homeopathy since I had a cat and a dog that the local vet hospital really gave up on. They pretty much told me that the animals were old and “get used to it”. I remember being so sad at the huge Fortune 500 company at which I worked (this was with the cat) and I believe a Higher Power brought a temporary worker into my office. She mentioned that her vet in Westport was really incredible, and sure enough both Koffy (cat) and Chelsea (Golden retriever) lived several years past the time when they would have been put down. And QUALITY lives as well! With another cat, Dr. Jeff Feinman showed us how to give her (Luv) intravenous fluids every other day, and she was so peppy and could play and enjoy life in-between.

All our animals (two dogs and three cats) died peaceful deaths while we were with them at the end. One was euthanized but it was so gentle (and in our home) that Molly had no fear and just quietly went to sleep as we were loving her.

The most amazing homeopathic story I know was with Molly’s eye. She was 12 years old when we adopted her (we put in our name with a rescue organization for an “older dog” but didn’t expect some dog THAT old) and we feel that she definitely knew that her former owners brought her to the Norwalk hospital to be put down because the wife had allergies! Molly was in good health so the tech contacted the rescue organization, but what were the chances of finding an adoptive home? Because of this traumatic event, Molly came to us skinny and shaking and soon developed an awful eye infection. Oozing eye that didn’t stop. Dr. Jeff gave her a remedy, and then my husband and I learned PATIENCE! We waited and waited (trusting Dr. Feinman that whatever was going on that wasn’t in balance in her body had to get worse before the body could correct itself). We went on vacation and for some reason we went to a vet up there and the dr. gave us a prescription for an antibiotic for Molly’s eye. We decided to wait some more, and then one day we got really worried about her eye and pretty much decided that the next day we would fill the prescription.

Well, the next day Molly’s eye was completely fine! Overnight it cleared up (never to have the infection return). She died at age 13+, a peaceful death.

I sometimes think that our animals have shown us how homeopathy works so beautifully in order that if we ever have a serious illness, we will consider homeopathy for ourselves!

Currently we have a new kitten, Gracie, who also has an eye infection from when we first adopted her. Gee, by 11 months old (we don’t know her age) she had been scavanging in the wild, had gotten pregnant and delivered two stillborn and one preemie kittens a month after she arrived at our home. That would upset any kitten’s harmony! The eye hasn’t totally cleared up after the remedy, but it IS getting better and I trust that Gracie’s body is getting in balance.

Hope I haven’t gone on too long, Cindy, but these are our experiences with homeopathy.

Best to you, Linda (in Westport, CT)

Anonymous

Thanks Linda for your experience….I guess what really concerns me is that both you and Lizzett state you were told they have to get worse before they get better…maybe Im misunderstanding something; because I thought Homopathic was gentle? Not that I expect a drastic change over night or anything….maybe a little more detail about worse before better could help me understand this? I just want to help my dog feel like he is 2 yrs old; he is so miserable now the thought of him getting worse is kinda of scary

Cindy

Anonymous

Yeah, Cindy, this is a scary thought, but IF “regular medicine” just fights the symptoms but doesn’t cure the underlying disease, trouble, whatever (which is the belief of homeopathy, I believe) then isn’t it better to really get to the core problem, work with the body to cure what is underneath and then have a healthy, happy pet for many, many years? Like I said, since we didn’t know much about homeopathy, it was a frightening thought to us too. But then after you see a few animals that other vets had given up on (i.e. they couldn’t put on any more “bandages” to fix a few symptoms) start to flourish and have great quality of life and live long lives … well, my ideas have really changed. The remedies work, but it isn’t a “science” but an “art” (like medicine was always supposed to be, but I think it frustrates regular drs. when their attacking the symptoms doesn’t affect longtime change). I can’t tell you what to do. I sort of backed into homeopathy when the S Animal Hospital told me it was hopeless (and Dr. Jeff helped this cat live another 2-3 years), and my perceptions of what is good medical treatment started to change. I am NOT totally in homeopathy’s court (or I wouldn’t go to a regular internist) but my mind is WAY OPEN and willing to give it a chance, for me as well as for beloved pets. You can always try and then see what happens. If your patience runs out, you can go back to treating the symptoms, but WHAT IF your pet (like our year old cat Gracie) shows signs of getting better pretty quickly? Worth a try.

Love to you, and someone else may be more articulate in explaining what homeopathy does. Linda

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=yorkiemom] have to get worse before they get better…maybe Im misunderstanding something; because I thought Homopathic was gentle?
    [/quote]

Hi Cindy-

Getting worse before getting better is a common homeopathic misunderstanding. In theory it is correct. Because the homeopathic remedy is similar in its’ energy to the underlying imbalance there is [b]sometimes[/b] a brief accentuation of symptoms.

In my opinion, allergic animals respond best to gentle homeopathic LM remedies which are even more highly diluted than the typical pellets with which you might be familiar.

If you would like to continue this discussion then we should move it over to the homeopathy folder.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Hi, I too am new to this. My cat was diagnosed with feline lower urinary tract disease. He has seen a vet to do bloodwork, etc. She said my choice was change his food to a prescription food (canned and/or dry) which all my cats cannot eat or give him a pill 3 x a day. I did NOT want to give drug therapy. I followed Dr. Jeff’s advice and ordered some natural remedies (cranberry extract, Vitamin C powder, multi-vitamin, and it is all safe for my other cats if they happen to eat some of his). Dr. Jeff also recommended feeding him and the other 2 Wellness Brand canned food and I am happy to report that his health is improving and the symptoms are lessening and he is recovering. Since I cannot be home every night i leave out dry food recommended by the vet, Eukenuba Restricted Calorie. When I am at home I do NOT feed any dry kibble at all. I am trying to figure out some other type of food I can leave out for 2 days at a time rather than the dry, possibly freeze dried. I will continue to treat him this way for life and I have Dr. Jeff to thank for his excellent advice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!