Logo

drjeff1

Immune Mediated Thrombocytopenia

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 14 year old English Cocker Spaniel was diagnosed with Immune Mediated Thrombocytopenia, his platelet count was only 14. He is otherwise healthy, although going deaf and blind. He is on prednisone, which has stopped him from bleeding out of multiple places. What homeopathic remedies might help him battle this disease?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Thanks so much for your question. There are lots of homeopathic remedies that are useful in ITP (and most other blood, and other, disorders).

The selection of the correct remedies in a potentially life-threatening situation such as this needs to be carefully individualized. ITP is not due to an acute (although it may have come on acutely) immune imbalance that is amenable to one remedy or another (like Arnica after a bruise or injury). I therefore can not recommend a specific homeopathic remedy.

Ideally, you would add a veterinary homeopath to your veterinary healthcare team. S/he will guide you in appropriate integrative therapy using homeopathic medicines as indicated.

In the meantime, I’d concentrate on helping his body heal by strengthening it through a fresh food diet, plenty of fresh air, sunlight and exercise. Vitamins C, B12, antioxidants (e.g., a grape seed extract like Antiox), Coenzyme Q-10, omega-3 fatty acids, etc.

You can find certified (and non-certified but trained) veterinary homeopaths at: http://bit.ly/w6iV9I

Good luck! Please keep us posted on his progress.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!