Logo

drjeff1

Hystiocytoma

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 11mo old boxer boy has a hystiocytoma on the top of his left front paw. It has been there about a month now and is the size of a grape. It open and bleeds more as it grows. I am told it should go away on its own, but it continues to grow. The vet is recommending to surgically remove. Any helpful suggestions on which path we should take? He is otherwise a healthy and raw-fed boy.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=dj1869]My 11mo old boxer boy has a hystiocytoma on the top of his left front paw. Any helpful suggestions on which path we should take[/quote]

From my (the homeopathic and holistic) perspective, removal of this growth will be suppressive to his vital force and predispose to future tumors. From a traditional (reductionistic) point of view however, I agree with your local vet.

Histiocytomas will typically resolve spontaneously within this period of time, especially in young and healthy dogs. Since it has not, I would recommend helping him deal with this problem internally (and naturally) with well-chosen homeopathic remedies.

Good luck and please let us know what happens.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

We have a 7 year old lab, that has had extensive, reocccuring problems relating to Histiocytomas. The dog had reduction performed when one paw had a growth the size of another toe – He now has massive sores on one hind leg that refused to close until we started applying bandages with Candula gel in them. Our local vet has reluctantly prescribed antibiotics to fight infection as these sores stay open for months, but is at a loss to offer any other solution.

You stated to the owner of a boxer with this problem: “I would recommend helping him deal with this problem internally (and naturally) with well-chosen homeopathic remedies”.

Can you advise what these remedies might be?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=tjh193]Can you advise what these remedies might be?[/quote]

Sure!!

Homeopathic medicines are chosen according to the totality of symptoms (like skin or intestinal problems and not just the tumors) of the individual. Homeopaths see the internal pattern of disturbance through the external signs and symptoms.

When your dog’s internal balance is optimized, local lesions (like growths) will resolve along with any other sign of imbalance (see [url]https://www.homevet.com/newclient/common.html[/url] for other examples of early imbalance).

A veterinary homeopath will choose among the many homeopathic medicines (remedies) available to help your dog gently and without side effects or surgery.

Talk to your vet and/or research homeopathic treatment on your own. Read some of my links. Go to [url]http://www.theavh.org/refcover.htm[/url] for a referral.

Good luck.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!