Logo

drjeff1

how long can cats carry babies (new to this cat thing)

Welcome to your reliable resource for online holistic veterinary help Forums Pet Owners Forum Medical Problems how long can cats carry babies (new to this cat thing)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

hello just like the topic says i am new to the cat thing well she just turn one in december 2005 and i did not get her fixed the situation i have on hand and how many can they have at one time should i keep them all or give them to good homes and what can i do to make her a happy cat while carring these babies and what do i feed her to have healthy babies i continue to give her the food that i have been giving her (dry) drink water and sometimes milk when will i know it is time to give birth to the babies she is an in/outside cat she has always stayed close to the house she had never went far will she go far now that she is having babies gee help me

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=ck121013]what do i feed her to have healthy babies[/quote]

*Not* dry food. Try to transition to wet food (much fewer unnecessary fillers and carbs) or better yet, a real meat-based diet. Please read some of my cat nutrition articles for much more info.

A pregnant cat has an even higher protein, calorie and fat requirement, so proper nutrition is essential at this time.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!