Logo
“Educating and Empowering"
With Holistic Actions! and home-opathy
Home is where healing happens best.
The original HomeVet© Since 1987
join

drjeff1

Homeopathy for hyperthyroid cats

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Kitty, my female cat is 10yrs old and has been diagnosed as hyperthoid. She has twice the normal level of thyroxin in her blood and a Grade 5 heart murmur. What is the success rate using homeopathic treatment for this condition?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=asho] is the success rate using homeopathic treatment for this condition?[/quote]

Homeopathic prognosis really varies for each individual. In general, hypertyroidism (which is usually due to a benign tumor on the thyroid gland) is emminently treatable with homeopathy.

I am more concerned about the loud murmur which may indicate hyperthyroid-associated cardiomyopathy.

Regardless of what you decide (conventional or homeopathic) I advise some treatment in the near future.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Dr. Jeff,
    What treatment would you give homeopathically? My cat is ten years old.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=alleycat01]Dr. Jeff,
    What treatment would you give homeopathically? [/quote]

Homeopathic treatment is strictly individualized for each patient. The treating homeopath will need a detailed history (including a review of the previous medical records) +/- a physical exam before deciding what is best for your cat.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Homeopathic Treatment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!