Logo

drjeff1

Homeopathic treatment for seizures

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 14 year old Australian Cattle Dog (probably not a purebreed) just had his first (known) seizure. He seems fine now, but he’s going to the Vet this afternoon for a work up.

What types of homeopathic treatments are suggested for adult onset (I don’t know the cause of them yet!!!) seizures. If we rule out infectious causes (Lyme Dx, etc) or tumor (unlikely) and consider a form of epilepsy or simply idiopathic seizures what would you all recommend as a baseline treatment/maintenance? He gets a 200Mg Cosequin dailiy. He also gets a really good Mulitvitamin daily. Should I be adding Co-Q 10? What else given the limeted information that I have so far is generally recommended?

BT

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=EyeBob]What types of homeopathic treatments are suggested [/quote]

I suspect that you are confusing homeopathic and holistic treatments. Since proper homeopathic treatment is [b]strictly individualized[/b], there really is no answer to your question. Holistically however I’d recommend a species-appropriate (meat-based and fresh food) diet, dimethylglycine and some antioxidants.

The best holistic adjunctive advice can only be given by a veterinarian who knows all of the details of your dog’s case. Try to find someone locally who can help. If there is no one nearby, many of us can help by telephone/e-mail consultation.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!