Logo

drjeff1

Holistically treating tonsilitis

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Just a little background info, my 5 year old Yorkie gets fed raw food since this summer when I switched to holistic Vet care. I moved and not around any holisitic Vets.

She came down with tonsilitis a month ago, with the only real symptom being unusually bad breath. I waited a two weeks to see if she could fight it off naturally since she seemed normally. So I brought her in and they diagnosed it as tonsilitis, and they prescribed amoxicilian for about 10 days.

We waited a week after that, and brought her in for a follow up today. Now another lymph node is swollen behind her neck as well as her tonsils with no improvements. Shes extremely tired, eating fine, no coughing, etc. They gave me a baytril tablets to give her.

I usually like to wait to give antibiotics for the last moment, but with no holistic vet to consult with in town, it gives me no choice.

Just curious if anyone has dealt with this and what are some natural ways I can give to help boost her immune system to fight this off?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=vcabbyw]

Just curious if anyone has dealt with this and what are some natural ways I can give to help boost her immune system to fight this off?[/quote]

Hi April-

Sounds like you have a perfect situation for a phone consult with a homeopathic vet. Many of us will work via telephone as consultants to help boost her life force and thereby her immune system.

This is a *very* successful way of managing problems of this sort before it gets worse. One of the advantages of this method is that you don’t need to have anyone nearby. Check out [url]http://theavh.org/refcover.htm[/url] for a referral. Try to choose someone who is certified as we specialize in Homeopathic Healing.

Good luck. Feel free to post with any other specific questions.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip. I could probably contact my holistic vet in my home town for a phone consultation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!