Logo
“Educating and Empowering"
With Holistic Actions! and home-opathy
Home is where healing happens best.
The original HomeVet© Since 1987
join

drjeff1

Help for scared cat on way to vet in the car

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Dr. Jeff,

Whenever I take my cat Cassidy to the vet, he screams the whole way there and pisses or poops in his carrier (even if he has gone earlier), is a little quieter on the way home and sometimes pisses. He has been that way most of his life. I adotped him at 2 months old. I would say he is a little on the high strung side, often clingy, is very vocal and cries I think more than normal, and is most comfortable laying in my lap at home. When I am gathering him up and putting him in the carrier he seems terrified to me and sometimes pisses on me while in my arms. We go to the vet once a year, altho recently his liver blood values have skyrocketed and have had to take him more often to check his levels. I have tried Rescue Remedy with not much difference (unless I didn’t give it to him early enough). I’m not sure if I gave you enough info, and if you need more let me know. Do you have any suggestions of what I could give him to calm him down, make him less terrified?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Hi Beth-

First of all, thank you s so much for providing the invaluable service of posting messages in the “forever homes” folder. I really appreciate it. Personally, I look at the messages every day hoping to find our next rescue dog.

I wonder if your traumatized by car riding kitty is getting car sick. Any signs of that? Belly noises, salivating, spitting up, looking anxious, etc.?

Make sure to withhold food and water for a few hours before you travel.

Regardless of cause, 2-3 drops of Rescue Remedy given every 5-10 minutes as needed should help.

If this doesn’t work, you can try 1 cc of Cocculus or Tabacum (6, 12 or 30c) solutions. As you know, you can try these from your health food store and try them one at a time.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Homeopathic Treatment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!