Logo

drjeff1

Heartworm prevention

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I hate the thought of putting my dog on medication. Can you please suggest an alternative for the prevention of heartworm. Thank you.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=mcclure]Can you please suggest an alternative for the prevention of heartworm. [/quote]

Unfortunately there is no safe and *effective* alternative. Dogs do die from heartworm disease (especially in mosquito-rich parts of the country if the dog population is not well cared for) so you need to be mindful of it. If you want to avoid the pills altogether then make sure that you test every 6 months and use a natural internal antiparasiticidal like Detox powder (which is basically a diatomaceous earth product).

If your pet has already demonstrated a sensitivity to Heartguard then you should address this with a homeopathic vet. If there is no known sensitivity then you could also consider modifying the monthly dosing regimen to allow dramatic reduction of the total dose (follow a holistic vet’s recommendations).

Anonymous

I have my pack on the Bandit’s Heartworm Program.

Artemisia Combination, Black Walnut, CoQ10, HS II, Yucca.

You want to get your pet blood in a very healthy state were the mosquitoes won’t want it. And you should also think about you too when it comes to mosquitoes, with the west nile viruse and encephalitis. My oldest son contracted encephalitis from a mosquito when he was five years old and it has caused all kinds of medical problems.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Fleas, Ticks and other Parasites’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!