Logo

drjeff1

hair loss behingear looks like scab?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Just recently a homeless kitten followed me home i took her in and just yesterday i noticed she had hair missing behind both of her ears with maybe some scab marks the coler of the skin is dark can anyone please help me

Anonymous

I would recommend that you take the kitten to a veterinarian right away, of course, as only the vet can properly diagnose the problem. However, it sounds as though she may either be scratching at fleas or possibly have ear mites down in the ear canal. Both situations require immediate treatment, as fleas can cause anemia (blood loss), and ear mites can lead to serious ear problems. The kitten also needs to be tested for Feline Leukemia and Feline Aids (FeLV/FIV test) and vaccinated for distemper, etc. It will further need to be spayed or neutered at the appropriate age. I thank you for caring about this little kitten, and I hope that you will take the steps needed to assure him or her a safe and healthy life. As a “cat person” and rescuer of cats and dogs (over 1,000 over the past 10 years), I have gained a wealth of experience which I am happy to share with others.

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply, i have taken the cat to the vet. She is now fine with a healthy fur and life.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!