Logo

drjeff1

Figuring out the sickness

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2597

    Anonymous

    When I woke up this morning my dog was in really bad shape.
    His stomach is wreching constantly as if hes about to throw up, and while he spits up a bit every now and then he hasn’t actually puked yet, his breathing is also very labored. He is also frothing at the mouth.

    Someone, according to my mother, was outside by him just yesterday. Our neighbors often come to pet the dogs and give them treats, so she didn’t think anything of it. That makes us think that he may or may not have been poisoned.

    There are no signs of blood in his vomit, so I dont believe that it is parvo. I thought there might be something wrong with the dog food I feed him earlier last night, but the other dogs are just fine, so that’s also ruled out.

    As far as I know, he ate the food that I gave him last night. It’s no longer out there so I can’t imagine what else he did with it. However, he wouldn’t drink the water that I gave him just a few minutes ago.

    Is there any way to figure out what exactly is wrong with him? Or do any of you know some other possibilities? Something I could do to help him perhaps?

    #2598

    Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

    [quote=Hanyoutai]
    Is there any way to figure out what exactly is wrong with him? Or do any of you know some other possibilities? Something I could do to help him perhaps?[/quote]

    He needs to get to your vet ASAP. These are potentially very serious symptoms which need to be evaluated [b]in person[/b] by a vet. Go to the vet ER if necessary.

    In the meantime, do not give him any food or water which will just add fuel to the fire.

    Please let us know what they find.

    Dr. Jeff

    #2599

    Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

    [quote=Hanyoutai]
    Is there any way to figure out what exactly is wrong with him? Or do any of you know some other possibilities? Something I could do to help him perhaps?[/quote]

    He needs to get to your vet ASAP. These are potentially very serious symptoms which need to be evaluated [b]in person[/b] by a vet. Go to the vet ER if necessary.

    In the meantime, do not give him any food or water which will just add fuel to the fire.

    Please let us know what they find.

    Dr. Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!