Logo

drjeff1

farting!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My new pup farts constantly, and it smells really bad! Is this normal? I haven’t changed his food (he is 10 weeks old), but he has eaten some grass from the backyard.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=charlie’s mom]My new pup farts constantly, and it smells really bad! Is this normal? [/quote]

Not if he is eating the right food (meat-based and fresh) and is healthy overall. What does he eat?

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Hi. Sorry I didn’t respond sooner; I thought I would get an email when someone replied to my post, but I didn’t and I just happened to check.
    In any case, I feed him “Evolve.” It’s what the breeder gave him and it’s supposed to be natural. Also, we give him turkey biscuits as treats when training. His flatulation has gotten better, but he has had diarrhea for a few days now. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Anonymous

My kittens were very flatulant when they were on kitten food, but it stopped, when they moved onto adult food. When my parents dog came to visit and ate their kitten food he was also flatulant!

Don’t know if thats any help.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=charlie’s mom]I thought I would get an email when someone replied to my post,
    Any suggestions[/quote]

Yes. You can get an e-mail when someone replies to your question on this board. Since you didn’t that means that the feature is not enabled. Just go to the “UserCP” link [url]https://homevet.com/forum/usercp.php[/url] and check the box which will enable it.

Regarding diet, you need to upgrade the diet and get away from dry food if you want to help optimize your pup’s intestinal function. Read my diet articles for what I mean by “optimize”. Start here: [url]https://www.homevet.com/petcare/diet.html[/url]

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘New Pets and Training’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!