Logo

drjeff1

Eye surgery

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 13 year + MN Standard Poodle was dx with a large eye tumor which must be removed before it causes more problems than the blindness he already is experiencing in that eye. I am anxious about how he will fare in this situation and if the surgical procedure and process itself is going to put his life in jeopardy. I realize this tumor is large and should be removed even though we treat him strictly with homeopathy. I hope that even though he is older for his breed his vital force is strong enough to tolerate an invasive procedure, anesthesia and the trauma of this event.

Is there anything we can do to further support him before the surgery and after it?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Hi Amy-

<Is there anything we can do to further support him before the surgery and after it?[/quote]

The best thing to prepare him for surgery is to make sure that he is doing well on his constitutional homeopathic remedy and repeat it if indicated (talk to your homeopath about this).

If there is post-op pain, swelling, etc. then that can also be dealt with quite well with acute remedies like Arnica, Hypericum, Symphytum, etc.

If he has been doing well systemically under homeopathic care then I'm sure that he will do just fine.

Good luck.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Surgical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!