Logo

drjeff1

Eye irritation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My six-month-old golden/border collie pup has had a little discharge from his right eye for several days. Yesterday I noticed that his lower eyelid was droopy and the eye was a bit red. Today he woke up with much more discharge — a milky white, slightly yellow discharge in his inner eye and a bit of crustiness on the outer corner.

He’s super healthy — raw fed, no vaccs — and has never had anything like this before.

What do you suggest that I do for him? I’ve already flushed his eye with my contact lens solution.

Thanks so much!
    Ellen

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Hi Ellen-

Sorry for the slow reply. I’ve had a very busy few weeks and not had the time to log on to the forum.

in general, lubricating eye drops 2-3 times a day following hot compresses can significantly help mild eye irritations.

Your vet will need to examine his eye for abnormalities if the discharge worsens, if the eye gets redder, and especially if your pup starts to seem uncomfortable in any way like rubbing his eye.

Have a great day.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thank you!

Ellen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!