Logo

drjeff1

Dog throwing up bile

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

It’s 7 am, we’re just waking up, and boom, dog makes a couple of gagging sounds and throws up foamy yellow bile on the white blanket. I feed him twice a day, once around 8:30, 9 am, then again around 4 pm, a handful of Cheerios around 8 pm. He does get treats in between- but again, not many after 4 pm. I’m still adjusting what I feed him. He gets Dr Harvey’s Veg 2 Bowl, boiled organic chicken and Steve’s Real Food (raw) and organic treats as well. The occasional forage into something I’m eating but I don’t even buy any people food that would be harmful to him. I’m assuming (?) that his stomach was just too empty and I may need to add a smaller 3rd feeding around 8 pm.? He only did this once before (that I’m aware of) right after I adopted him.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Ah, the infamous morning bile vomiting “syndrome”. This is very common so thanks so much for bring it up.

Yes, the extra meal may help palliate (cover up) the symptom for a while. However, I strongly urge you to use this early warning sign of imbalance to pursue energetic treatment with homeopathy.

I discuss this syndrome and other similar motility problems in this week’s extensive “Ask the Vet” reply over at Dogs Naturally magazine.com It should be out tomorrow and I will post a link on the homevet.com Facebook Page.

Have a great day.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Yes this types of problem I have seen in many pets. Thanks for your help here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!