Logo

drjeff1

Dog Refuses food for 2 weeks

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello Everyone,

I’m hoping for some suggestions from anyone who might have experience with this. My dog has refused meals for 2 weeks now. I’ve been to the convention vet and had an exam, blood work, and xrays. The blood work showed 3 liver ezymes slightly elevated but the vet didn’t think that it was really serious. After everything was done it was dx a mystery and the only thing she did was put her on antibotics because she tested positive for lymes on her heartworm test. She test postitive everytime since she’d been treated. The antibotics haven’t helped.

Next I had a consult with my holistic vet I sent him all the copies of her office visits and vets notes plus the copy of her blood work. I received his homeopathic remedy, beta glucan ( immune stimulant ) and a liver supplement from Stand Process on Sat. I started her on this stuff yesterday.

I am very frazzled because in the past two weeks I’ve gotten very little food in her. Certainly not enough to sustain life it seems. She seems hungry, goes to the bowl, looks it over and walks away. There were three different evenings that I thought I might be getting somewhere when she ate a chicken neck. If I try forcing food in her she throws it up right away. She acts close to normal otherwise. Still goes for a short walk or a run in the yard. But she is now starting to lose weight.

I’m going to call this week and have the vet schedule an ultrasound but can anyone think of anything to stimulate her appetite. I have tried the smellist stuff I could come up with.

Lisa

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=lmbrown53]can anyone think of anything [/quote]

Have you tried grocery store canned cat/kitten foods. When my Boris stopped eating I also purchased every kind of junk food treat that I could find. He happened to like the beef jerky types.

Good luck with your new homeopathic remedy. That should do the trick by treating the underlying problem.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!