Logo

drjeff1

Dog Food

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I just found this list of ingredients for Natural Balance dry dog food. Do you think it’s a good quality dog food?

Chicken, Brown Rice, Duck, Lamb Meal, Oatmeal, Pearled Barley, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols – source of Vitamin E, Citric Acid, and Rosemary Extract), Natural Flavor, Tomato Pomace, Canola Oil, Brewers Yeast, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Whole Ground Flaxseed, Dried Kelp, Sodium Chloride, Parsley Flakes, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplements, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C), Taurine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Lysine, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Inositol, Folic Acid (Vitamin B, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), D-Activated Animal Sterol (source of Vitamin D-3), Biotin, Ethylene Diamine Dihydriodide (source of Iodine), Cobalt Sulfate, Vitamin K Supplement, Sodium Selenite.

Anonymous

As a dog trainer, I know dogs that do very well on this food. For a dry dog food some would consider it healthy. I personally don’t care for all the grain used in the food. INNOVA might be considered better if you are willing to pay the price. I have found Canidae to be a great food, 4 meat proteins and 2 rices for the grain source. Much more affordable too. The ingredients used for great skin and coat has proven to work very well. [url]http://www.canidae.com[/url]

Anonymous

I’ve been feeding my dogs with commercial dog food all their lives but I’ve switched them to homemade diet. They love it than what I am previously feeding them. Raw food is good but haven’t tried introducing it yet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!