Logo

drjeff1

Dog drooling

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

❓ My 7yr old chocolate lab drools excessively certain times. She is doing it again tonight. It is as if she is constantly licking her lips and nose. There is drool droplets on the carpet where she lays. It is driving me crazy. She does not do this all the time. I’d say twice a week. She is also licking her legs above her paws. Should I be worried about something? I just don’t know what could be wrong. I know when she thinks she is getting a treat she starts to drool, but this is going on for two hours now.
    Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Katie,
    I was on this site and noticed the problem you were having with your lab.
    Did you ever get an answer about why she does this. We have a choc lab also she is only 4 years old but she does this every once in a while. It is just like a puddle on the floor. Let me know if you have ever found any info about this. Diane from Nova Scotia, Canada

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=gdhardy]We have a choc lab also she is only 4 years old but she does this every once in a while. It is just like a puddle on the floor.[/quote]

Hi Diane and Katie-

This type of hypersalivation is quite common. Frequently one particular cause or trigger can not be found. If this isn’t asssociated with hunger, nausea, certain foods (digestible and not), tooth/mouth problems, etc. then it has an energetic basis.

Frequently, homeopathic treatment (which is often started based on purely functional, energetic symptoms such as this) can resolve this problem. You don’t need (and often can’t find) a definitive diagnosis to treat vague symptoms such as this.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!