Logo

drjeff1

Dog Afraid of Food

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have two dogs, both adopted at the same time approximately nine months ago. Everything was normal until my six-year old terrier mix, Susi, suddenly stopped eating. Not only did she stop eating, she is physically afriad of her food and food dish. She runs away from the food dish. And, when I place the food in an alternate dish, she runs away from that, too.

I have tried feeding her different type of food in a different dish to no avail. She will eat treats from my hand, but will not eat the treats from her food dish. I don’t know what is going on. She has been to the vet, and was given a clean bill of health. Literally, one day she is eating with no problems, and the next day she is afraid to go near her food.

I know she is hungry because I can hear her stomach growling, and she will eagerly gobble up anything that has been spilled on the floor. Yet, she will not eat the food in her dish, nor will she eat her normal dog food in any other dish, on the floor, or in my hand. Any advice?

Thanks!

Anonymous

That is very curious. I don’t have dogs but I do have lots of finikey kitties. I have learned not to try to figure these guys wacky behavior out especially if I’m certain they are not sick.

Have you tried a different dog food? Or have you considered a raw diet. Takes work but once you get the hang of it is quite easy. Dr. Jeff has lots of info on raw diet. Look at the post for Diet for male with UTI.

Oh, my, what’s a mother to do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!