Logo
“Educating and Empowering"
With Holistic Actions! and home-opathy
Home is where healing happens best.
The original HomeVet© Since 1987
join

drjeff1

dizzy dog

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I’ve got a 12 year old dog who, for no apparant reason on Sat., could not stand up. His eyes were also rolling around in his head. The vet has told me he has ‘dizzy dog’ syndrome or vertigo and that it will last for a few days up to a few weeks, but that it is not life threatening. I’ve never heard of vertigo in a dog. What homeopathic remedies might I consider?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=pruffles]could not stand up. His eyes were also rolling around in his head. The vet has told me he has ‘dizzy dog’ syndrome

What homeopathic remedies might I consider?[/quote]

I would venture to say that by now Pruffles has improved and possibly even fully recovered. This “idiopathic” syndrome in (usually) older dogs comes on quickly and resolves spontaneously (often within a week or less).

In vet school they called it “old rolling dog disease” because some dog’s are actually compelled to roll around on the ground due to their dysequilibrium (coming from an unknown cerebellar brain dis-order). They can also have repeated vomiting due to nausea.

The treatment is “tincture of time” and general supportive care. Homeopathic intervention is usually not needed (or indicated) for this problem.

Please let us know how he is doing if you read this post.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Homeopathic Treatment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!