Logo

drjeff1

Distemper vaccine and cancer?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have read that there is a link between the distemper vaccine and synovi sarcoma. Information seems scarce, and so technical it’s difficult to understand. Would you have any knowledge of this? Thanks.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=bestdogsx4]Would you have any knowledge of this?.[/quote]

Although the asociation of vaccines and cancer (and immune dysfunction in general) is well known, I am not aware of any specific work on the distemper vaccine-synovial sarcoma association.

Sorry.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

My 9yr old German shepherd was diagnosed with malignant fibrous histiocytoma today. This was after a mass on his spleen ruptured last week leading to removal of the spleen and the loss of several liters of blood. He had a reaction to his distemper vaccine last year and now I hear that it may be linked to this type of cancer. Any ideas or direction? I’d like to get more information.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=VonTorrGSD]Any ideas or direction? I’d like to get more information.[/quote]

Nothing specific to this tumor type. In general, it is critical to be feeding the best fresh food diet possible (staying away from all carbs). There are also many useful natural supplements (e.g., bovine tracheal cartilage, Oncoplex, IP-6,maitake extract, antioxidants, fish oils, etc.).

Most important though is to contact an experienced, well-trained veterinary homeopath who will treat the underlying cause of the tumors including the vaccine reaction.

I know that this is a difficult time, but good care (and plenty of TLC) will help your dog have the best quality and longest life possible.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Vaccination Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!