Logo

drjeff1

Discharge from penis

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 14 month old Basset Hound has a yellow/green discharge from his penis. What do you think this is and what can I do about it?

Anonymous

My basset is having the same thing. I was looking for advice as well as to what it might be. Any ideas?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=mcclure]My 14 month old Basset Hound has a yellow/green discharge from his penis. What do you think this is and what can I do about it?[/quote]

This may be normal smegma which is usually a creamy greenish discharge that comes from the glands lining the prepuce. If that indeed is the cause then this may just be a transient developmental stage. Alternatively, especially if it persists or becomes problematic, it may be an early warning sign of imbalance (see [url]https://www.homevet.com/common.html[/url] for more info).

Go to your vet for an exam. See what s/he says. Even if this is a “normal” discharge you should consider working with a homeopathic vet to help achieve an optimal balance in your young dog’s life force.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thank you Dr. Jeff for your response. Since adopting him the other week, we have kept him on the Holistic-style raising he already had. We have kept him on the Canidae food since it was all natural. He is adjusting so well to our family and gives all the love imaginable. The discharge seems to be getting less but is still present. We will keep an eye on it and take him in if necessary. For now, it is not annoying or hurting him…just a little extra grooming for us. Thanks again.

Anonymous

I had a male doberman intact who had terrible preputal drip as my vet called it. It was awful-all over the carpets and tile floors. After we had him neutered it disappeared immediately and completely! What a blessing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!