Logo

drjeff1

diet and cat urinary problem

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Question: Previous urinary blockage. Home for one day from vet, and now going close to, but not in litter box. On Hill’s diet and
    amoxicillin. Is it possible that because the litter that was in his box the last
    few days before I noticed there was problem smells like the infection and he’s not using it because of that? Also, the urine that does pass is pinkish in color. Would this be n normal mabey because of the cath?

Thanks for your help. I’m really worried that if this keeps up, my husband will
    want to get rid of my cat and I think that this would cause a “divorce”…….

Sex: Male Neutered

username: [email protected]

Pet: Feline

Breed: american short hair

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Sounds like he is still having a lower urinary tract problem. Are you giving dry or canned food? Is this C/D? I would only be using canned food only, with additional water added to the diet to promote clearing of the urine. What did his latest urinalysis show? Were there crystals, and if so, what kind? He is almost certainly going outside of the box now because he is still having urinary difficulties, and not because he smells infection. For more information you should read my related handout located at: https://www.homevet.com/component/k2/item/381-what-causes-cystitis-or-fus-or-flutd?.

Anonymous

Hi,

Do dogs also experience urinary problems?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Absolutely Christy! The urinary tract seems to be a more frequent site of disease in the cat (e.g. FUS or FLUTD), but dogs more frequently become incontinent as they age (especially spayed females).

Thanks for all of your PetChat input.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Yes diet and urinary problems are become big problem now days. Find out few good [url=http://www.petrx2go.com/]discount pet medication[/url] for solving these issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!