Logo

drjeff1

Diahhrea Problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a female, 1 yr old Australian Shepherd. She has just come into her 2nd heat. She seems to have a bad case of diahhrea along with it. I don’t know if it is a coincidence or if it is because of her heat cycle. I have had females before that have never had the “runs” with a heat cycle. Can you tell me if one is related to the other and is there anything you can suggest to control the diahhrea? She has not been into anything other than her normal food and water.
    Thanks

Anonymous

UMMMM, does anyone answer questions on this site or are we wasting our time????

Anonymous

hi i’m not a vet but we have a 11/2yr. old german shephard and she had a bad case of diahhrea that lasted for 2wks. we tired everything and she was always hungery, then she started loseing weight, we took her to the vet, they tested her for worms ect. they did a blood test that took about 4 days. they said she had pancerate insuffincey also known asEPI. now we have to feed her special food&med. everyday. this is most common in shephards around this age! I hope this has helped you, and that your dog gets better, Robin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!