Logo

drjeff1

Diagnosed Congenital Heart disease- Please Help!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My year old, 60 lb., female, Rott/Lab mix was diagnosed with a grade 4 heart murmur on Friday. (5/11/07) Yesterday she went in for a chest X-Ray and a ultrasound of her heart. The information was sent to a Cardiologist. His diagnoses was in layman terms…a valve in her heart is not closing properly and there isn’t much we can do about it. She was born with this defect. My Vet did say I could take her to Colorado State University to have surgery. That’s not possible and no way could we afford such a expensive procedure with no guarantee of a successful outcome, nor would I want to put my baby girl through that. SO…my Vet wants to put her on Enalipril. From my understanding, this could cause kidney or liver damage. I’ve spent the last day and 1/2 researching herbal supplements that may help her. To make a long story short, I’ve already lost 2 dogs in the last 6 months. One was my wonderful Dobe, who got an aggressive form of oral cancer, the other a Wolf Hybrid I adopted at 14 years of age to keep him from being destroyed, only to find out he had numerous problems. He died a year after we took him. Abby was a little rescue who was delivered to my door step 2 weeks after my Dobe died. She was my little savior. I want to do everything in my power to help her!
    However, I’m so confused on what I can give her. What would you suggest, please be as specific as you can and where I can purchase these supplements…the biggest question??? Will they help her or should I go along with my Vet’s non-herbal approach? Suppose to pick up the prescription today, but want to check out a natural choice first.

[b]Any help will be greatly appreciated [/b]as I don’t know where to turn or who to trust. Don’t want to buy stuff that won’t help her. I checked out Canine Heart Health and they have a whole program as do a few others.

BTW, I feed my dogs Innova EVO, supplemented by Ester C, Vit. E and Missing Link. She is joined by a rescued German Shephard puppy and the brother of my Dobe who is 10.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!