Logo

drjeff1

Diabetic Cat

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I found the information on your site very helpful and confirming. Our cat Molly is approximately 16 years old and had been scratching open a hot spot on her face for almost a year. Our Vet thought she might have allergies so we started her on Natural Balance Duck and Green Pea wet and dry food and Venison and Pea wet food. After approximately 6 weeks on the new food, she has stopped scratching open her face 🙂 . However, recently she had begun to lose weight and she was drinking a lot of water. We took her to the Vet to find out her blood sugar level was 396! We are now giving her 3 units of long acting insulin twice a day and her blood sugar level dropped to 137 in a week. Based on researching her disease, I learned that the dry food may be contributing to her blood sugar problem so I am eliminating that and just feeding her the Natural Balance Duck and Pea and Venison and Pea. I was pleased to see this food in your list of nutritional options but it would be helpful if the cat food labels were easier to decifer. Is there any hope we can get her disease under control through diet only? Any hope for better nutritional labeling for cat food?

Anonymous

Glad to hear that you solved her allergy problem. I hope that you’re able to solve her blood sugar problem completely. Best of luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!