Logo

drjeff1

Desperate! Lyme? Seizures?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have an 11 y.o. male Norwegian elghund, Byron, who was diagnosed (C6 test) with Lyme about a month ago and put on doxycycline (1 month). It didn’t seem to help because he appeared to continue loosing weight and his blood showed low albumin and high BUN. Urines showed protein and creatinine elevations. We admitted him for 2 days for fluids and i.v. antibiotics (ampicillin and quinolones). He showed some improvement but still was not eating quite right and he’s lost a lot of weight. He’s drinking and peeing.

He’s had several seizures over the past two days after having left the vet’s care. He ate some solid food yesterday but refuses food today except for some biscuits.

I’m very concerned about his not eating and the weight loss…the seizures don’t help but I don’t want him becoming any weaker.

Is there any apetite enhancer (he’s very difficult to force feed and it appears that he seizes when being pilled or fed!). Can we insist on i.v. aminos or albumin?

He’s my friend and I really need to help him.

Kind regards,

Harold

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=hvadney] I really need to help him.

[/quote]

First, you need to find out why he is having seizures. I’d strongly advise a visit with a neurologist or internist to help get a diagnosis.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!