Logo

drjeff1

demadetic mange

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 6 month old Sheltie was dignosed with Demadectic mange about a month ago. There was a spot on her head that we have been treating every day with Goodwinole onitment and the hair has now grown back. Our vet said to keep treating the spot for a long time to come. Another spot was seen on her front leg at about the time th e first was discovered. When I mentioned this to the vet over the phone he said it can’t be the mange and don’t treat it. Now a month later he saw the now larger spot when my girl was being spayed and said we should treat it. He also doesn’t want us to take her out in public because he is afraid she will catch some other disease. Your comments please.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=Paul Case]He also doesn’t want us to take her out in public because he is afraid she will catch some other disease.[/quote]

Demodex is often associated with an immune dysfunction. It is *typically* not contagious from dog to dog. In my opinion the most important thing in this young dog is proper socialization (achieved by getting her out as much as possible).

Regarding immune function, I strongly advise addressing this issue NOW rather than waiting until other problems arise. You can best do this by consulting with an experienced holistic veterinarian and by starting to treat the internal imbalance homeopathically.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!