Logo

drjeff1

Cushings

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi, I have a 12 yr. old male mutt. He has been diagnosed with cushings. He has gone from 7lbs to 17. After discussing the options with my vet, I have decided NOT to go the Chemo, lab tests weekly, etc. I want to keep him as pain free and happy as I can for as long as it is comfortable for him. I want to give him any supplements that might help him. Currently he is on:
    Rimidyl
    joint enhancer
    vitamins
    Blue Buffalo dog food
    anti-biotics (as a preventive)
    yogurt (small amt. to counter the anti-biotics)
    Would appreciate any other ideas on holistic treatments. Thank you
    copperpenny

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=copperpenny] I want to give him any supplements that might help him. Currently he is on:
    Rimidyl
    joint enhancer
    vitamins
    Blue Buffalo dog food
    anti-biotics (as a preventive)
    yogurt (small amt. to counter the anti-biotics)
    y[/quote]

Hard to individualize for your dog without knowing much more (history, blood work, clinical symptoms, etc.). In general, the best you can do for him is to get him onto a fresh (or at least fresher) food diet. You can add omega-3s, other antioxidants and/or a good multi-vitamin, liver support, etc., etc.

You might want to add a holistic/homeopathic vet to your healthcare team in order to achieve the best quality of life for your dog.

Good luck.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!