Logo

drjeff1

coping with loss

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I just lost my wonderful German Shepard today. I had to have him put to sleep. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. I loved him so much. He was always by my side. He protected me and my home. He was never chained and never left my property. He used to sleep on my bed but as he got older he couldn’t get up there anymore. So he would sleep next to my bed. My heart is broken and I don’t know how to cope. To make the decision was heart wrenching for me. All my friends, childen and my vet said it was time. He was 15 years old and had a hard time getting around. When I adopted him he was 5 years old and no one wanted him because he was so big and had been heartworm positive. So I took him and had him treated and he was amazing. I lost my husband years ago and thought to get a dog would be a good idea. It was the best decision I ever made. Now he is gone and I am lost without him. All I can do now is cry. I was with him when it was done. The vet was so kind and all his associates. That made it a little easier but it still hurts so much. I just pray that he is ok in Heaven.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

I’m so sorry for your loss but am very glad that your had such a wonderfully long life.

In time, your grief will fade to be replaced by loving memories of his life with you.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Losing a pet can be very heartbreaking. We lost a lab retriever a couple of years ago and til now we miss him so much. It’s like losing your best friend.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!