Logo

drjeff1

constipation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tony Scott
    Keymaster

2 day’s ago my dog ate some clumping cat litter out of the litter box, and today’s he’s been vomiting everything he eats. He doesn’t seem to be in any pain, and does eat his food, but within about 20 minutes vomits it back up. Is there something I can give him that might assist him in passing that if it’s causing constipation or an obstruction.

Anonymous

I am not a vet, but from what I read, not all cat litters are non-toxic, most contain clay and other chemicals that may make an animal real sick if injested. In human, a pregnant woman if exposed to cat litter with toxoplasmosis, a parasite that is carried in cat feces may potentially lead to infections or miscarriage. I wonder if you should take your dog to see a vet just to be sure.

Teresa.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=puppy88]take your dog to see a vet just to be sure.
    .[/quote]

I agree 100% with Teresa that if vomiting is persistent you should schedule a vet visit ASAP. He could have developed a concretion/partial obstruction from the litter. An x-ray may be warrranted.

Please let us know what happens.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!