Logo

drjeff1

Choc lab with hard lump on right side

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 7 1/2 year old choc. lab has had two cruiciate ligament knee operations. Now I found a hard round lump on her right side. It is located after the rib cage but before the top of the back leg area. It is in the area that should indent if the dog is not overweight. It feels like the size has not grown in a year but I feel it is more prominent. It could be that she lost a few pounds do to running more that it is summer and she is supposed to lose some because the vet said she is overweight. The vet has been monitoring its size and also feels it has not grown. He did not seem happy with the fact that it is nonmovable and hard but he said it is in a real bad spot for operating.
    The lump does not seem to hurt her but she doesn’t like if you feel it to long. IT is about the size of a 1/2dollar and round. IT seems attached because you can not move it.
    Also, she has a leaky bladder SOMETIMES. I discussed it with the vet also and felt it was not frequent enought for medication. I’d say it happens twice a week. Sometimes it is just dribbles others it could be a puddle. The puddle happens when she is just laying. IT has been going on and off for years but seems a bit more now. It does not seem to be everyday.

I’d appreciate any advice.

Anonymous

I have a yellow lab named Jazz, about the same age.

I have just noticed she has a lump on her right side as well, but hers is sort of underneath in a vertical perspective, on the beginning of her belly, and about mid rib cage in a horizontal perspective. She doesn’t like it being touched to much either, and its round and hard as well. I haven’t taken her to the vet as of yet, I was wondering if you had heard anything about what it may be, or have any thoughts that you hadn’t listed previously.

Thanks.

Rachelle.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!