Logo

drjeff1

Chlymidia Conjunctivitis – Kitten

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi.

I have a new 3 1/2 mo. old kitten. I’ve had him for two and a half weeks. When we got him, he had a mild eye infection. The vets gave us Terramyacin salve, which we gave him for 10 days. The eye was okay — not perfect — but okay for a few days after we stopped giving the med, but got worse then.

We took him to a different vet in the same office, one we know, who said he thought it was Conjunctivitis — a mild case — Chlymidia in nature. He said we could use the salve we have, but it’s not really going to treat it, he said it should just go away, especially as the kitten grows older and gains a better immune system. He did give us Lycine. He also said use mineral oil as a lubricant for the eye.

I’m okay with that, but I’m just reading and wondering if there is anything with GSE we can do? It seems as though that may be able to fight some virus’ that other things cannot.

Is this worth it, or should we just wait and see? If so, how would we administer it?

Thanks,
    Caat

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!