Logo

drjeff1

cat with liver not working

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My daughter’s cat did not eat for two weeks because, two other cats in the house had to be removed, consequently it developed liver problem (jaundice, etc.). Cat has been on feeding tube for two weeks and is not really improving, vomits occassionally even when given anti-nausia medication into feeding tube. Has also an antibiotic in feeding tube. Cat is not able to hold the amount of food down that it should have. Did better the first week on feeding tube. This has now been 9 days. Does anybody have any ideas what can be done, and when will the cat start eating on its own? Cat seems alert, but if it does not hold food down, it will not live too much longer. Desperate for some answers. Regards, Birgit

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=Birgit] Cat has been on feeding tube for two weeks

Does anybody have any ideas what can be done[/quote]

Good morning Birgit and welcome to the forum-

In my experience two weeeks with a feeding tube is often enough time for a cat with fattty liver (from not eating) to start improving.

Is s/he being cared for at a critical care facility or is the care being overseen by a Board Certified internist?

Supportively there is a lot that can be done from a more holistic perspective (homeopathy, herbs/supplements, etc.). A lot depends on who is caring for the cat and how far you want to go to help.

The best way to help further is to find a holistic and nutritionally-trained vet in your area. If you are unable to find someone, feel free to PM me with more case details if you would like more help.

Good luck, please let us know what transpires.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!