Logo

drjeff1

Case Study- Luke

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a pitmix dog named Luke, who is about 4 year old. He is a rescue dog so even though I have had him for several years his history is not entirely known to me. He presently eats a raw diet and had a rabies shot this past October which left a bit of a bump on the injection site. He loves to run and does everything with great exuberance!

About 2 months ago he seemed to reinjure his back left leg (ACL?) while playing with my other pitmix. When this happened last year, it seemed that with some restriction it healed much better/faster than this time around. He is progressing but still is on restriction and does hold it up at times. This is more often the case first thing in the morning and after some exercise, like longer walks with him pulling. I had tried some baby aspirin last time,(before knowing about arnica)and have used some arnica oil and traumeel(now I know) with very limited success.

Luke had a history of breaking toe nails and broke three last year alone. Although he has a beautiful tuxedo coat his fur remains a lighter almost black/brown color along both of his sides and much drier to touch. He also has a slight dark discharge from both eyes first thing in the a.m. and his ears while not red, or itchy have been known to be waxy on a somewhat regular basis.

Luke does not like to be cuddled by me, but will tolerate it. He does like to be close however to his people and is very food motivated. He is a higher energy dog and can become bored easily. He loves other dogs and does well with both of my females. He arises in the morning eager and ready to meet the day, and will moan incessantly if you hold up his routine. He seems impatient especially in the a.m., and is the only dog I have ever seen who will both urinate and defecate at the same time when he first relieves himself.

I am thinking arnica, arnica, arnica but would appreciate input given his history with broken toe nails and his previous back joint injury.

Thank you!

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

How about a few doses of Ruta and some joint support such as TRF [url=https://www.homevet.com/pet-care-products/health-maintenance/trf-tissue-regeneration-factors-150-30-caps-detail](tissue regeneration factor[/url]) and [url=https://www.homevet.com/pet-care-products/health-maintenance/trixsyn-liquid-hyaluronan-45-88-lbs-detail]Trixsyn[/url] (a hyaluronic acid derivative)?

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thank you Dr. Jeff. I will give Ruta, although I believe I did try this once before without much success. It may have been that I did not dose properly. I will try again.

Also I will look into getting both of the other supplements.
    I presently give a liquid supplement of glucosamine, MSM and chondroitin. Would you suggest I continue with this also in addition to your recommendations?

Thanks again!

Anonymous

Ordered both of these at your Home Vet Store. Thank you!

Anonymous

Ruta really seems to be making the difference. I have been dosing twice a day for the last several days.:)

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Excellent!

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Holistic Options for Your Companion Animals & Homeopathy Online Study Group’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!