April 15, 2012 at 7:28 pm #3622
My cat Zen, is part siamese, he is nearly 8, and has always lead a very active life roaming the countryside and hunting. He isn’t vaccinated. He disappeared a year ago for 3 weeks, on return he had slight cat flu and an eye infection, with which he was treated with antibiotics. a small heart murmur was detected. He has had a very slight cough and lung congestion recently. He had a abscess on his tail once from fighting, but apart from that hasn’t had any problems.
I found him at the front door yesterday with his back legs collapsed.
He is at the local vets now, they say he is o.k and on aspirin and a drip, and is diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, causing blood clots.
Although the vet kept advising me to have him put down.
I may take him to a specialist cardio vet on monday, although I am fearful of the strong drugs they may give him.
What homeopathics would you recommend?
and advice on general care and his outlook for the future would be appreciated.
Many many thanks,
Dave HApril 16, 2012 at 8:37 am #3627
Dr. Jeff FeinmanKeymaster
Hi Dave. Well, first let me say that if you were a local client of mine I would probably not advise euthanasia at this time. Please be sure that any IV fluids (“drip”) are given cautiously since Zen’s heart is not working well.
It sounds like you have done a great job preserving Zen’s healing ability (plenty of activity, a fresh food hunted diet, no vaccines, etc.).
An exam and echocardiogram by a cardiologist is definitely indicated.
Don’t worry initially about the palliative drugs prescribed by the cardiologist. They will just help stabilize Zen while his body recoups. A well-absorbed coenzyme Q-10 supplement, omega-3 fatty acids, Formula CV, etc. will also help him live as normal a life as possible.
I’d also strongly advise consulting with an experienced vet homeopath to help him heal.
Please let me know what the echo reveals.
Good luck! I know that this is a difficult situation. I’m glad that you discovered me on Facebook (how *did* you find me?)!April 16, 2012 at 8:53 pm #3629
Many Thanks again for your reply, I have taken him to the cardiologist yesterday, one of the best in the u.k.
He will stay there for at least a week.
He is now off of the drip, and only being used for painkillers etc.
I am awaiting the first test results, and will let you know. They put him onto anti clotting drugs, they are trying one to see if it works and then will try another, if not.
Zen is a very healthy cat otherwise and is full of life.
I am going to try and find a homeopathic vet but really appreciate your advise. I’m very glad I found you too and do have further questions on jabs for my dogs, for another day!
I found you just by doing a google search.
Thanks again Jeff, it means alot to know there are good people in the world.April 19, 2012 at 8:59 am #3631
Dr. Jeff FeinmanKeymaster
Best of luck Dave. It sounds like Zen is in good hands.
The forum ‘Homeopathic Treatment’ is closed to new topics and replies.