Logo

drjeff1

Can’t switch my puppy to dry food.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 4-months-old schnauzer puppy has digestive problems (diarrhea) every time we try to feed him dry puppy food.

He came to us from the breeder with a sample of Eukanuba Small Breed Puppy, and from the first day his poop was soft/liquid and he was gassing profusely (very bad smell). We had to put him on home cooked chicken and rice blunt diet that stopped diarrhea. After that

1. We checked him with the vet twice and everything was fine there,

2. We tried twice to gradually put him back from this chicken and rice diet to dry food; first, to Eukanuba, second time, to California Natural Puppy, and every time, it was diarrhea all over again.

I do not know what to do, we need to feed him dry food!
    He eats very fast, does not chew kibbles – maybe, that is his problem, but I do not know how to slow him down. Every time we tried to switch food, we did it slowly and about a week or so – he started runs at about half a portion of dry food, half of soft food.
    Otherwise the puppy is always happy and active, whether he has diarrhea or not.

If anybody ever had this problem, please, help!
    Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!