Logo

drjeff1

broken tails in cats

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tony Scott
    Keymaster

i came home last night and my boyfriend was freaking out because he had accidently shut my cat’s tail in the door.(the cat) didnt meow or ‘scream’,or anything. he acted as though nothing ever happened.it was bleeding really bad,so i cleaned it up with peroxide,put anti-bacterial ointment on it and wrapped it with a bandage and surgical tape.it was too late to take him to the vet.i noticed that (this is a little disgusting) his bone? was sticking out,but he played with my other kittens and comepletely ignored it until i went to bed,which is when he tore the bandage off.i have seen him nursing it,but it still doesn’t seem to bother him.i know it more than likely needs to be amputated,but i dont have the money for that at the moment.is there any other way to get rid of his tail?hes only got an inch or so left of it…WHAT DO I DO?!?!?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=earth]iWHAT DO I DO?!?!?[/quote]

Go to the vet tomorrow and let him/her take a look. Amputation may not be necessary.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!